Nursing & Travel
Services for Nurses
Nurses with a Disablity
Law and Ethics
Nursing & Media
Journals A - Z
Nursing & the Arts
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here.
- Offering information for youth age 13-17 on alcohol, drugs, gambling, personal development
and recovery. Interactive features include surveys, quizzes and forums showcasing youth views and talents.
ACAD - Advice and
Counselling on Alcohol and Drugs - An organisation which provides counselling,
advice and information services to people, or those close to them, with an alcohol or drugs problem. Contact
details, information about the services the charity provides, how to benefit from them and how to help.
- Centre for Drug Research, University of Amsterdam combines epidemiological and longitudinal research on
illicit drugs, addiction theory, and drug policy developments in Europe.
Drinkanddrugs.net - drinkanddrugs.net
is the web portal for substance misuse specialists and those in the
wider health, social care and criminal justice fields who deal with
drug and alcohol issues in the course of their work. It is also the
website for the fortnightly magazine
Drink and Drugs News.
Drugs Resource Net
- Locate - Drug education and prevention resource materials designed for adults
working with young people. Good database of resources with search facilities.
Abuse Statistics - The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
presents national and state prevalence and trends in illegal drug use, the non-medical use of prescription
drugs, alcohol, and tobacco.
- Stephen Arrington is an anti-drug and motivational speaker that has spoken at over 500 schools.
- Online drug information in an easy to search A to Z format. Includes information about clinical trials,
latest news, drug interactions, a pill identifier, FAQs and contact details.
- Articles on all of the major categories of drugs from alcohol and nicotine to crack cocaine and heroin.
Program Information - This site provides free
information on free prescription medicine programs run by US drug manufacturers.
- The world's largest resource for current information and intervention, and treatment involving drugs.
- A rave awareness group based in South Africa. Site features information on harm reduction, drugs, health
issues, the Safe House Project, and contacts.
Say No to Drugs
- Official site for the Russian governments Commission on Fighting Drug Abuse and Illegal Turnover.
- Offers information on illegal drugs and substances. Includes news, forums, articles, and law references.
Talking With Kids: Alcohol and Drugs - Steps to take to discuss drug use with your
The Drugs Index
- Portal to drug-related websites organized by topic, and a chat room.
The Vaults of Erowid
- Index of drugs, with physical effects, images, history, chemistry and law information for each. Articles
and sections for wide variety of drug related material, including law, experiences, community, drug testing,
spirituality, health, and artistic endeavors.
The Victorian Drug Scene - Provides information on the historical
use of drugs, such as ether, with footnotes to resources of information.
TNI Drugs & Democracy: War and Opium in Afghanistan - The Transnational Institute
offers online resources, links for latest news and more background information. Includes the report "Merging
Wars: Afghanistan, Drugs and Terrorism" [in English and Spanish].
- An interactive site providing information on most used drugs.
What You Need to Know About Drugs - Article explains how drugs affect the human
body. Includes a look at why people use drugs, along with warning signs of drug abuse and tips for helping
friends who are using drugs.
"The information provided on
nurses.info is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor
and his/her physician."
Thursday May 20, 2010