Nursing & Travel
Services for Nurses
Nurses with a Disablity
Law and Ethics
Nursing & Media
Journals A - Z
Nursing & the Arts
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here.
Provides free online news and communications services to international disaster relief organisations and the
public. (AlertNet is run by Reuters Foundation).
Center for International Disaster Information
- Relief group presents information on current areas of disaster and their actions to help. News and
Direct Relief International
- Humanitarian medical relief organization. Sends shipments of medical equipment and supplies worldwide to
help the victims of civil unrest, natural disasters and chronic poverty.
Home Defense News
- Resource to help families defend themselves and their homes against terrorism, crime, natural disasters,
nuclear, chemical and biological threats.
Humanitarian Resource Institute
- Links to guides on preparing for natural disasters - earthquake, fire, flood, hurricane, and volcano.
Links to other humanitarian sites and an interfaith news page with links for the major religions.
International Service Agencies
- Mission is to help people who suffer from hunger, poverty and disease or from the ravages of war,
oppression and natural disasters.
International humanitarian aid agency providing help for populations affected by natural disasters or
conflict. Details of past and present projects.
Reference Database - Subject Categories - The Natural Disaster Reference Database (NDRD) is a
bibliographic database on research, programs, and results which relate to the use of satellite remote
sensing for disaster mitgation.
Natural Disaster Management in India
- Government Department of Agriculture and Cooperation information resource, including reports on recent and
current disasters and information on management initiatives.
Northwest Medical Teams
International - Overview of the purpose, history and mission of this Christian
medical volunteer service, specializing in disaster relief. Includes information on volunteering donating.
ReliefWeb: Natural Disasters
- Archived information, from 1981 to the present, about major natural disasters, including floods, droughts,
fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, and cyclones, focussing on international humanitarian relief efforts. From
the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).
"The information provided on nurses.info is designed to
support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her
Thursday May 20, 2010